Tom Burke Memorial Skateboard Park
Eli Burke conceived the idea for a skateboard park envisioned and sold it to the town, following the loss of his dad Tom Burke. Tom was a very active in outdoor sports and deeply involved with town kids and recreational activities.
Many thanks for making this skateboard park a reality go out to:
- Gertrude A Heath, Maryanne Petrin and Lynnann Poston for organizing the many fundraisers and finalizing the skateboard park design.
- The many contributors at the fundraisers
- The town meeting for voting in Phase I funding of $10,000
- Richard Rollinson for a $5,000 contribution in memory of his wife Carol
- Fighter pilot Polly Stedman zeroed in on Frank and his crew at Zero Gravity
- Whaleback for their involvement in setting things up and building the park elements
- Selectman John Chiarella for pitching the closer that got the park finalized 24 hours before Eli Burke graduated high school. It took several years but Eli can enjoy seeing kids learning to use the facility before he is off to college.
- Photos taken by Sonya & John Chiarella June, 2007